Thursday, November 10, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch #140

Welcome to the Studio!

I was feeling a little crafty the other day and decided to try a new product on one of my watercolor projects. I've gotten into the whole watercoloring stamped images thing. I've been sitting across from my mom, Joanie's Classy Card Corner, watching her playing with her Copic markers and having a ball creating all these colorful images. I've never been really good with the marker thing. In school, most of my marker artwork looked really streaky and yucky. I thought I would try watercolor pencils and crayons and see what would happen.

I still haven't gotten the whole shading thing yet, but I'm learning slowly but surely. I've had this poppy outline stamp that I've been dying to use for ages, but didn't know what to do with it, so I decided to give it a watercolor treatment. When I finished, I used Ranger's Clear Rock Candy Distress Paint by Tim Holtz. It's clear crackle paint and gives a slightly satin but crackled finish to paper. My friend Joy, Purtty Paperz, used it on some wicked awesome vintage Halloween tags and cards and I just had to try it.




So at this point, I have a watercolored and crackled poppy and nothing to put it on. Kind of like being all dressed up with nowhere to go. I know it's hard to see in the picture, but trust me, it's crackled;) To solve that dilemma, I hopped over to one of my favorite inspiration sites, Card Patterns. I checked out the sketch, found some paper I liked and a few other elements and made this cute card in minutes. I'm going to send it to a friend who needs a little cheering up.


And I must give a quick shout-out to my very smart BFF, Julia, who has a 4.0 average and is tops at her school in reading! She's way above her 4th grade classmates and we're all very proud of her. Oh, and Julia, your box of scrap goodies will be delivered on Monday by a big brown truck, so keep an eye out for it;)

Hope you enjoyed your visit. Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. THIS is positively LOVELY! I can certainly enjoy the texture! IT'S just lovely and worth the extra effort! LOVE your use of the CARD PATTERNS sketch - I'm so glad you took the time to share your inspiration with Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete