Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Girly-Girl Chic Cards

Hi Everyone! I can't speak for you ladies, but I truly enjoyed our card class & crop on the 2nd. Thanks so much to all of you who attended. It's really a positive and inspiring group of scrappers. I look forward to seeing you guys again next month, as well as some new faces too! I've been playing catch-up this week on some Easter projects and cards. I've also been working on a birthday card for my Dad which I'll need in early May. I've also been putting much thought into next month's card class and what kind of scrappy, sassy awesomeness I can share with the attendees and my blog followers. I'm definitely going to be putting some effort into masculine cards for Father's Day. I always find them to be a real challenge. It's not like flowers and sparkles work on a card for Dear Ol' Dad. But they certainly work on these super cute girly-girl cards I wanted to share with you.

If the shoe fits...

This card was made by my mom, Joan. She's been on a bold & bright kick lately. I think she's been trying to chase away the gloom of winter;) She used flocked zebra paper and black grosgrain ribbon for texture. For sparkle, she used various colors of Stickles. The shoes are available for download at the Silhouette site. The "Hey Girlfriend" tag is from Lettering Delights and is part of the Delilah Tags collection.

I made this card and "handbag" set for a friend. The little purse is perfect for some devilishly good chocolate or a giftcard to a fave shop. The purse is from the Cricut cartridge Tags, Bags, Boxes & More and the little monogram is from the Jasmine cartridge. {Yes, even though I'm boycotting PC, I still find myself using my old cartridges.} The paper for this project is the Anna Griffin Peyton collection. I wish they would keep making this one forever. I don't think I'll ever tire of it. This card was made using the Peyton collection as well. I added a lot of bling, including a special CTMH giveaway from sometime last year. It was a set of three bling shapes, a bracket, a square, and a circle. I have to admit that as much as I liked them, I was a bit intimidated by them. I finally got my nerve up to use them and I adore the outcome. So here's a challenge for you, dear readers... Go through your stash and find one product that you like/love but are intimidated by. That even includes "the pretty paper." I challenge you to dance beyond your comfort zone and try something new. We'll have a "show and tell" session at our crop on May 7th. Until later, Scrap Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment