Monday, June 6, 2011

Angry Birds and Christmas Trees

Welcome to the Studio!

I wanted to share some of the projects from our card class this past weekend. First, I want to share our Angry Bird card. My husband is totally addicted to this game and so are several of our friends. My friend Stephanie emailed me the picture of a card made by SewingStamper06 and posted on the Splitcoast Stampers site. It was so cute, we had to make one in our class. I was able to use Make The Cut software and create a cut file for all of the pieces. If anyone would like a copy of those files, please email me. I'll be more than happy to share them! The supplies used: blue sky paper, Michael's, Recollections; woodgrain stamp, Universal Borders, Close To My Heart; Chocolate ink, CTMH; Bazzill cardstock in brown, black, and Red Devil; CTMH cardstock in Garden Green, Olive, and White; rubber bands. The sentiment was printed with black ink and the cloud is a cut file from Silhouette and inked using CTMH Sky ink and a stipple brush.




This card just wouldn't be complete without an Evil Pig...


Origami Christmas Tree Card Instructions:






The sample of this card I'm using here is different from the color scheme we used in card class. I wanted to try something different from the traditional red and green to show how versatile this technique is. Here are the steps...

First, you will need four squares of paper to make the tree shown above. You can make your tree taller by adding more squares. The sizes are 3", 2.5", 2", and 1.5". You begin with your first square. You are going to fold it in half with the back of the paper on the outside after you fold it.

Unfold the paper, turn 90 degrees, and repeat the step. You will have a piece of paper with a "cross" pattern folded into it.




Next, fold the paper diagonally making sure that the side you want to show is on the outside after it's folded. You want to unfold your paper, turn 90 degrees, and repeat step.

Your paper should look like this:


Then you want to fold the paper so it makes a double triangle kinda shape. I'm not sure what to call it, so here's a pic...



Next, take one side of the triangle and fold it until it meets the center crease. It's hard to explain, much easier to see a photo;)


Repeat this step on the other side. When you do, you will have a section of your Christmas tree.


After you have all your pieces of paper folded, add a bit of glue of the back of each folded tree part and stack them together. It should look like this:






Next, just attach your tree to your card, tag or scrapbook page. You can also make a cute decoration by making two of these trees and gluing them back to back. Just insert a bamboo skewer or wire floral stem and put in a container.




I hope you enjoyed our cards today. Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just saw the Angry Bird card Nancy made and put on Splitcoast. Very cute! Love the Christmas tree card, too. Nancy is a fun girl.
    I just had to pop by and say I'm an Alabama girl, too....North Alabama. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete