Wednesday, June 1, 2011

More Flowers & Card Class Sneak Peak

Welcome to the Studio!

I wanted to share a few more flowers I made with you guys. The first one I want to share is a shabby chic beauty that I plan to use on a wedding layout. My husband and I were married in 2003 and I'm still working on the wedding album. I had just begun scrapbooking about six months before and wanted to wait until "I was ready" in a skillfully creative sense to scrap what my mind envisioned. I'd like to think that I've come a long way from my early days of "sticker sneezes" and decorative scissors. I really want to get caught up, so I'm going to challenge myself to get two layouts a week done from now until the scrappy August fieldtrip to CKC-Nashville. I'll share some of my layouts too!


Back to the flower... it was made with ivory satin and lace. It was sewn together on the bottom edge for the full length. I then used hot glue and a paper-punched circle (about 2") to create the flower. I just kept going around and around pinching and pleating the fabric as I went and continuing to go into the center of the circle. When I felt the flower was full enough, I glued some pearls and other bling in the center. I wanted it to look really shabby, so I cut the edges of the fabric petals on a diagonal and made sure some of the fabric began to fray.




My next flower is a "loopy" flower. I took some lime green satin and folded it in half to make a tube. I added a stip of lace on one side and sewed the bottom. I then cut the lace and satin "tube" into loops. To actually make the flower, I used the same steps as above. For the center I added a Prima flower and a large pearl. I didn't have a project in mind when I made this one. I just love lime green;)




Card Class Sneak Peak...


I wanted to also share some of the projects we'll be doing Saturday, June 4th {That's this Saturday} in our 5 for $5 Card Class. See details at the bottom of this post if you'd like to attend. We will be working on a Patriotic card, a sympathy card, an all-occasion card, an origami Christmas card, and an Angry Birds card. Several of you have asked if we could do a card for all the "Angry" fans:)





I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the origami Christmas tree. I will post the instructions along with photos of the steps after our card class. It is a fantastic way to utilize all those little scraps left over from you Christmas layouts. It's even a great way to turn "non-Christmas" scraps into holiday cards!


Card Class and Crop Details:


Card Class begins at 9:30 and ends right in time for lunch. The cost is $5 and all class materials are provided. You only need to bring yourself. Class space is limited, so please RSVP to reserve your spot by posting a comment to this post or by email sassyscrapperal@gmail.com.


Our crop begins at 9:30 and goes until 6:00 p.m. You are welcome to crop during the card class. We have plenty of room to spread out and lots of outlets, so feel free to bring your techie scrap toys. The crop is free, but please bring a snack to share. Bottled water will be provided, and you're welcome to bring your favorite beverage.


The card class and crop is held at the Messiah Church Fellowship Area, 2072 Highway 14 East in Prattville, AL 36067. It is on the second floor of the Pratts Mill Shopping Center. And yes, there is an elevator, so you don't have haul your scrap stash up the stairs. The entrance to the elevator is between the gym and loan company. When you exit the elevator on the second floor, our door is directly in front of you. Also, The Special Grind is now open for business. I have sampled their coffees and smoothies. All I can say is YUM! The zebra mocha is to die for!


Until next time, Scrap Sassy!






2 comments:

  1. Kelly!!! Cute flowers!!! Hope all is well and missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I stopped by today to meet you and Stephanie. The group was so nice and the cards were awesome - can't wait for your post on how to the origami Christmas tree. I already have several friends that want to come with me next month!

    ReplyDelete