Sunday, July 10, 2011

Technique Blog Hop - Banners!

Welcome to the Studio!

I'm participating in the Monthly Technique Blog Hop. This month we're highlighting banners. We all love the party atmosphere they convey and they are so stinkin' cute too. This month, we are featuring the banner technique on Page 35 of the current Close To My Heart Idea Book, but with a twist. Our goal was to find something other than triangles to create banners with.

Our blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit Debi's Blog. While there, you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way. The list is also at the end of this post. Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Sheila's Blog, you are on the right track! This technique is highlighted with the Fanfare paper packet in the Idea Book, but you will find variations for its use throughout this hop.

For my project, I was thinking more out of the box than usual. I've been really interested in learning to make flowers for a few months now and I'm still on the flower kick, because they ended up on several cards I've made lately, including this one. That being said, why does a pennant have to be, well, a pennant? Can't a trellis and flowers be the banner? Check out my flowery vine version of this theme.



For the flowers, first of all, they were all made with just plain circles. Nothing fancy about that. The two on top were made by folding the circles in half and overlapping them. The centers are just stamped circles with a dimensional dot. The two larger flowers were made by folding each of the circles in thirds. I inked the edges for a bit more dimension. I apologize for using the Mayberry WOTG kit twice in a row for my blog hop projects, but I just can't help myself. It's my favorite!









If you would like to see details on the technique or my supply list, please continue reading below. If not, please continue onto Neely's Blog, where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

Supply List:
Mayberry Workshop Kit G1022
Inks: Cocoa Z2114, Honey Z2162, Smoothie Z2196, Olive Z2137, & Crystal Blue Z2117
Cardstock: (not included in kit) Honey, Garden Green, & Crystal Blue
Stamps: (not included in kit) D1406, January Stamp of The Month, 2010
Circle Punch, Z1311
Sponge daubers, Z726
Blending Pen, 3174
Misc. items: circle punches, Make The Cut, Cricut Expression

Thanks for stopping by! Continue onto Neely's Blog to continue the hop!

Here is the list of Hoppers:
1. Debi Barber – http://debiistheothersister.blogspot.com
2. Teri Baxter – http://themidnightartist.blogspot.com
3. Judy Faye Garner - http://www.judyfaye.blogspot.com
4. Sheila Wilkerson – http://ezscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
5. Kelly George-www.sassyscrapperstudio.blogspot.com.
6. Neely Dean – http://neelydean.blogspot.com

2 comments: