Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Inspiration

Welcome to the Studio!

Saturday the 24th was my birthday and I received a bunch of sweet wishes from lots of friends, both scrappy and non. I just wanted to share some of the lovely cards I received and the inspiration that followed.

Starting in the top right-hand corner, the shabby chic cupcake is from my friend, Joy. She goes to the same aqua-aerobics class that Mom & I do. She refers to us as her "swimmin wimmin." She has some awesome photos of this beautiful card she made for me up on her blog, Purtty Papers. She also has pictures of the cool gatefold thank you card she made for Mom & I as well. She's super-talented and very Cricut/Gypsy savvy.

The next card I want to talk about, bottom right-hand corner, is a sweet little cupcake card from my friend, Stacy. And of course, it's in my FAVORITE COLORS, hot pink and lime green. And I know that under all that yummy pink icing is chocolate! It's absolutely wonderful. Stacy even added Liquid Glass to the cherry. All I can say is YUM!

The card in the bottom left-hand corner is from my BFF, Julia, in Louisiana. She came to visit over the summer and we had a totally scrappy, fantastically fun time together. I miss her bunches!

The last card is from my mother-in-law...it's a cute card about the nutty family I married into...and that's no lie;)

I had such a wonderful birthday and thank all of you for the good wishes and all the love! And the other amaZING thing that happened, my loving (enabling) husband has done the pre-order for the new KNK Zing electronic diecutting machine. It can cut all sorts of materials, chipboard, grunge board, stencil material, fabric, felt...the list goes on. If you're in the market for a new cutter, check out this sweet machine.

Even though it was my birthday, I took some time to make, what else, birthday cards! Here are two cards and a gift bag I was inspired to create...



The card and gift bag set above was for my hubby's boss, Shannon. She's quite the sailing enthusiast. She's also kind of a techie like him, so the iSail t-shirt was a must.


The second card I made is for another of my hubby's co-workers. I used the "For the Record" paper collection by Echo Park. I love the colors! I didn't have any flowers to match, so I had to make some. I used the Posey Patch stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations. And thanks to Joy, I had the perfect color of seam binding to match too! I like the way it turned out and I hope you liked it too.

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Scrap Sassy!














No comments:

Post a Comment