Sunday, March 17, 2013

Butterfly Blessings

Welcome to the Studio!

I started working on Easter cards a few weeks ago.  I wanted to do something a little different.  I found some really cool chipboard accents at Michael's recently in their $1 bin during the half off sale.  How can you pass up that bargain?  I didn't.  I bought $4 worth:)

I played around with the chippy butterfly and decided to use paint on it and then some Rock Candy.  It didn't turn out quite like I thought it would.  The chipboard was embossed and the paint was too thick and covered a lot of the detail.  No worries...just add Stickles.  It wasn't quite what I had envisioned initially, but it's still pretty cool.


I used some BoBunny paper, Gabrielle collection.  Many of the papers have butterflies all over them and I think that's where I ended up getting the inspiration.  The pearls are from CTMH.  The paper is from Stampin Up.  The "Easter Blessings" is from Justrite.  The bow was made using peach seam binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used Stampin Up inks in Marina Mist, Calypso Coral, and Early Espresso.

I am entering this card in two challenges.  The first is Challenge #109 over at Sketch N Stash.  You have to use their sketch, which I really liked.

Next, I'll be entering Challenge #231 over at Flutter By Wednesday.  The current theme is "anything winged."  And of course, butterflies are always welcome;)

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty...I am your newest follower..Please drop by my blog as well.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! What a great take on the sketch, and love the butterfly you used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - what a gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete