Saturday, March 16, 2013

The "Tail" of Two Roses

Welcome to the Studio!

I was at a scrapbook retreat (Camp Sumatanga in Gallant, AL) back in February and I was a cropping fool getting layout after layout done.  I had seen I technique on making roses with the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone and Tattered Florals dies.  I decided to play around and see if I could make a pretty paper rose.  The great news is I succeeded!  I made several roses.  Most of them went home with my friend, Jackie; but two of them found their way onto one of my layouts about my sweet puppy girl, Bailey, and her sidekick, Erin.  Bailey is a Silky Terrier, ie an oversized Yorkie.  Since I used just plain, old cardstock to create the roses and some Basic Grey paper that's been languishing in my paper tub for a few years I thought that would qualify for the challenge over at Use Your Stuff  #75, Our Four-legged Friends.  Also, since my layout has two roses, I thought I'd enter the Anything Goes Challenge Blog's current challenge, Seeing Double.



For this layout, I used Basic Grey paper (possibly named Bittersweet) from my stash along with some Stampin Up and CTMH cardstocks.  The rhinestone flourishes are Recollections/Michaels.  The skull is grungeboard by Tim Holtz and is inked with Stampin Up ink in Pretty in Pink and sprayed with "Sassy Shimmer Spritz," which is my homemade version of Glimmer Mist.  The grosgrain ribbon is from my stash.  The font used for the title is Chanel.  I have tons of free fonts and I get most of them at Dafont.

Now, the rest of the story...

As you can see from the photo of my layout above, there were two little pink roses.  When I got home from the retreat, the first thing I did was unload my layouts and put them on my coffee table in page protectors ready to go into albums.  I was procrastinating a bit because I was trying to decide which layouts I wanted to display for a while.  The layouts have been sitting on my coffee table for weeks now.  I know you're thinking I need to clean up, but my scrap table is in my living room, so it's not that big a stretch;)  So I left to run a few errands the other day and this is what I found when I got home...



I searched and searched for my pretty little rose and couldn't find it anywhere.  I knew Bailey was the culprit.  I checked all the usual hiding places...in the bed "buried" in the covers, in the closet tucked under my shoe rack or hanging clothes, I even searched the flower pots in the yard where she occasionally "buries" socks, toys, and other contraband...all to no avail.  My flower was just plain missing.  And then Bailey ran up the stairs to bark out of the half window and she jumped in my lap...yep, you guessed it, with my flower in her mouth.  Let's just say it got a little distressed.  Looks like I'll be making another rose.



Thank you for listening to my "tail" of woe.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. That little rascal ! She stole your flower. The flowers and your layout are very pretty. I love the bling and the bow you added to the skull. Thanks for taking the challenge with us on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

    ReplyDelete