Friday, August 30, 2013

You're Sew Sweet

Welcome to the Studio!

Since the move, things are FINALLY settling down and life is resuming a normal pace.  There's still a lot to unpack, but it's too early to put out the Christmas decorations, so I figure I have a breather until after Halloween at least;)  My mojo was in full swing yesterday and I made it a point to craft the day away.  I made a pendant for a Halloween necklace and while that was drying I made two cards.  I wanted to share one of my creations with you today.  It's "sew" shabby chic!

 
 
I downloaded the sewing machine freebie from a blog I follow, Shoregirl's Creations.  She's always got such cool ideas and projects, not to mention recipes too.  The card was pretty simple to make, just some inking around the edges and that's about it.  The trickiest part was getting the thread onto the mini spools...mini glue dots did the trick!
 
I'm entering this card in a few challenges too!  And those are:
Can You Digi It #43 - Very Vintage
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
A.R.T. Card Challenge #12 - Ribbons & Pearls
 
Enabler's List:
Cardstock:  Colonial White & Ruby/Close To My Heart
Pattern Paper:  K & Co. {And boy, this was some OLD stash that got unearthed in the move}
Flower:  Colorbok  {It's sewing pattern print.  I found these at Joann's}
Spools:  Maya Road
Red Thread:  from stash
Linen Thread:  Stampin Up
Burlap Border:  Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby
Seam Binding:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Pearl:  CTMH
Inks:  Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake/SU
Digi:  Shoregirl's Creations freebie
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

2 comments:

  1. This is SO lovely! The image is fabulous and I adore the paper you used! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Very unique, and way cool spools!! Thanks so much for joining us for the A.R.T. "Ribbons & Pearls" challenge, and we hope you'll join us again this Thursday for a *new* challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete