Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thinking Pink

Welcome to the Studio!
 
 
 
I'm on a mission to let everyone know about the spectacular,  awesome, fantabulous LINK UP FOR PINK October Event!  It starts October 1st and goes through the 14th.  There will be lots of cards and projects and lots of pink too!  And did I mention prizes!?!  Please help us support Breast Cancer Awareness, be there for those who are fighting the battle, celebrate those who are cancer-free, and honor those we've lost.

LinkUpforPink.com
I decided to play with a technique I hadn't done in a while, embossing resist.  All the embossing stuff and the alcohol inks are so convenient in the new scraproom, I'm re-trying lots of old techniques that I kind of forgot about.  For my first card, I decided to make it feminine with some pretty pink pearly pins...say that three times fast:)

 
 
And here I am again with more leftovers.  Wish the stuff in my fridge looked this appetizing;)  For this card, I decided on some sweet, little roses in two different pinks and a ribbon with both organza and satin in it.
 
 
 
For the embossing resist technique, all I did was heat emboss the ribbon flourish design on white cardstock with clear embossing powder.  After it had cooled, I used a stamp from the Strength & Hope stamp set to make the wording background.  The next step is to take a sponge, a dauber, a stipple brush - whatever you choose - and add ink on top of the embossed image and like magic, it appears.  I just think this technique is just too cool and I hope you do too!
 
Enablers List:
FOR BOTH CARDS:
Cardstock:  Pale pink, Recollections; Regal Rose, Stampin Up; White, Close to my Heart.
Stamps:  Breast Cancer, Pink By Design;  Strength & Hope, Stampin Up (retired).
Inks:  Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink , SU;  Versamark.
Clear Detail Embossing Powder, CTMH.
 
PINK WITH PINS CARD:
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye, Breeze.
Ribbon:  Pink Satin from Michaels.
Other Ink:  Grey Flannel, CTMH (retired)
 
PINK WITH ROSES CARD:
Roses:  Recollections
Pattern Paper:  Carta Bella, Paris Girl.
Ribbon:  Michaels
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you over at Link Up For Pink!


No comments:

Post a Comment