Sunday, February 6, 2011

February's Finest...Our Card Class & Crop

We had an awesome bunch of ladies and lots of fun at our monthly card class and crop. We worked hard on all our projects...

Our theme for February was "Love is in the Air" and so was the creativity... We began with a treat bag and topper perfect for your sweetheart...


Since owls are popular this year (and because I've always adored them) we did an "Owl Love You Always" card, complete with googley eyes. We also had a soft and sweet card with a lovely heart and a bit of tulle. I just love the texture the tulle adds to it. The "yellow rose" card we worked on was an off-the-wall bit of inspiration I had a few weeks ago. I picked up a spool of yellow ribbon at Michael's and as I was browsing the cardstock section, I noticed how pretty the grey and yellow looked together. Plus I needed a very pretty birthday card for my mother-in-law.


I made this "Bama" card for my husband as a joke, and having so many friends laugh about it, I thought I'd share the love. It didn't disappoint. Our special "Alabama Crimson Tide" cards were a sure hit. We also had an Auburn Tigers version (not shown).




Matter of fact, even an Auburn fan or two was seen making a "Roll Tide" card. (Your secret is safe with me Kim. I'll never tell.)


I just want to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful, crafty ladies I got to spend time with on Saturday. Each and every one of you terrific ladies brings joy to my life and I am blessed!

Until next time...Scrap Sassy!

3 comments:

  1. Had a great time Kelly. Can't wait until the next class. Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun and love the Alabama card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there :(

    ReplyDelete