Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Has Spring Sprung?

Is it too good to be true? Could all the icky, snowy, cold weather be over? Even if it isn't, there's a page in my scrapbook where it's always springtime. Keeping in mind that I'm way behind on my scrapping, these photos were taken back in 2004 when my husband and I went on a mini vacation for our one year anniversary. Keith is a dynamo with a camera. He took the three square photos of these beautiful pink lilies.



I bought some Basic Grey paper a while back and I've been dying to use it, but didn't know with what. This is the Sultry collection. Don't you just love the colors? They just scream happiness and spring to me. I wanted to play with my iRock tool, so I added a swirly-curly photo corner with some bling. I needed a floral embie for my page and since I didn't have a silk lily on hand, I decided to make one out of paper. I used a Heartfelt Creations leaf die to cut the individual petals. I inked, stippled, and dotted the leaves, then I added LOTS of "Sassy Shimmer Spritz" in Sassy Hot Pink. (The recipe is on a previous post.) I used Art Glitter Designer Adhesive to hold the green beads and the stamens in place. It dries totally clear. Need easy flower parts, check the bridal section at your local craft store for stamens.


Other projects on my scrapdesk at the moment include a pumpkin carving layout and three really cool card class projects. Don't forget, card class is March 5th at Messiah Church in the fellowship area from 9:30-11:30. Don't miss out on the fun. RSVP today by email or just comment on my post. We'll also be cropping from 10-6 and I'll be hosting a Cricut Swarm and doing a tips and tricks session as well as a Make the Cut demo. Wanna learn to make some awesome flowers? During the crop, I'll be doing a few flower tutorials as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment