Sunday, December 26, 2010

8th Day of Christmas...More Snow In The Forecast

It's the day after Christmas and, yes, it is SNOWING! Can you believe it? My Mom, aka The Snow Angel, has been excited all week about the possibility of snow. For those of you in the far north, a little snow may not seem like a big deal, but to us here in the deep south, it's a rare opportunity for sure.



With the flakes falling outside, I felt that we should have another snowy showing. The card idea today was a challenge I gave myself. Create a Christmas card without using traditional Christmas colors and using an all purpose stamp. Here's what I came up with...





I used a script writing background stamp by Heartfelt Creations (http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/) to make my patterned paper. I then stamped a "snowflake" using a medallion stamp from Stampin Up. In the center of the medallion, I added a snowflake tag from the Quickutz Jingle CD Collection and the tag (Merry Christmas) is from the Quickutz Silhouette store. I used Make the Cut software and my Cricut to cut it out. A little bling in the center makes it totally frosty. The colors I chose are a popular decorating scheme, brown and teal.




For my second card, I used some "leftovers." I like to make use of positive and negative pieces when I can. For one thing, the last thing we need to keep track of is more scraps; right? I used the snowflake that was cut out from the center of the snowflake tag and placed it in the center of the medallion with some bling. I also used some Platinum Stickles to make all the little dots around the center snowflake sparkle. You can't see it very well in the picture though.


I'll be back soon with some more ideas. I still have a few left to share, and now that everyone has received their Christmas cards and gifts, I no longer have to keep everything under wraps!

In a few weeks, we'll be gearing up for Valentine's Day! I'll have some sweet ideas to share the love with your favorite Valentine.


Thanks for stopping by and have a Sassy Scrappy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment