Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Annual Newsletter - With a Twist!






I've spoken to both authors and receivers of the "Dreaded Newsletter." And I call it that, not to offend, but because those who write them see it as a chore and those who receive them tend to file them away with the rest of the bills and mail because they're just a 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

So after seeing both sides of this issue, I decided to come up with an idea to satisfy everyone...

If it looks like a card, it will be displayed with all cards received that year; and if it has photos and cute captions, it'll be enjoyed for years to come. My idea? A tri-fold card with both a Christmas message and a "year in review" photo montage.

I began with photos and Photoshop Elements to make the insert. If you're a digi scrapper, it's a breeze. For me however, although somewhat PSE savvy, it took a few hours. After that was done, it was off to the print shop for color copies. At 39 cents a copy, it was more economical than printing on my photo printer.

Next, create the trifold card base. I used Close to my Heart cardstock (New England Ivy) for my base and a Martha Stewart scoring board that I just can't live without. Then came the fun! Using the Mistletoe paper from CTMH, I designed the front and the sentiment on the inside, and voila! A super simple, totally sassy twist on the annual newsletter.

If you'd like detailed instructions on this project, please email me or include your email address in your comment.

Thanks for stopping by and have a Sassy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment