Monday, June 25, 2012

Around We Go!

Welcome to the Studio!

I wanted to share a new layout I just finished.  My husband and I were at Zoo Atlanta a few years back and he took some really sweet (and silly) shots of me riding the Merry-Go-Round.  I'm not the most organized scrapper.  I don't work on layouts chronologically.  I work on what I "feel" like working on, which basically equates to pictures of the dogs and carving jack-o-lanterns taking precedence over everything else;)

I  began with a sketch by Becky Fleck from her PageMaps 2 book.  I just love her two sketch books.  They both come with a neat set of cards that feature the sketch on one side and a sample layout on the other.  It's perfect to slide into your page planner to get ready for a crop.  Talk about making everyone THINK you're organized;)  Okay, so here's my layout:




On this layout, I was a totally a rub-on fanatic.  All the pattern papers, tags & rub-ons are Foof-ala Summer Collection by Autumn Leaves.  I wish they were still around.  I just loved all the papers and accessories.  So speaking of all those rub-ons, here's a few close-up shots.



And yes, those are ALL rub-ons.  They came out so good, you'd think it was part of the pattern paper.


More rub-ons and handstitching.  I stamped the lines for my journaling for a "stitched look" to tie everything together.


This is a close-up shot of what my title decoration looked like.  I even added rub-ons to the chipboard alphas to make them "match."

I had so much fun making this layout.  It really brought back memories of a bright, sunny spring day and all the fun we had.  Plus, I just adore Merry-Go-Rounds.

I'm planning on entering this layout in two challenges.  The first is Use Your Stuff  #39, Sew Many Possibilities.  This is my second time joining in the fun on that blog.  I love seeing all the wonderful artwork.

The second challenge is for Clear It Out Challenges.  The current challenge is two or more ribbons/fibers.  I used the blue ribbon under my title and also tied knots on my tag.  My second ribbon is all the stitching with floss/twine.  They have a great sponsor for this challenge, Bugaboo Stamps, and you could win seven free digis!  My mom, Joanie's Classy Card Corner, uses Bugaboo Stamps all the time on her cards.  The "senior" images are my favorites;)

Supply List:
Most of this stuff is REALLY OLD!
Pattern Paper, Tags & Rub-ons:  Foofala Summer Collection, Autumn Leaves
Cardstock:  CTMH, Pacifica
Chipboard Letters:  Lil Davis Designs
Ribbon/fibers:  from stash
Ink:  CTMH, Pacifica
Stamps:  CTMH, Comments, Dates
Other:  Stitching template, Bazzill Basics; Rub-on tool, Basic Grey.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Page thanks for joining us at Clear it out Tuesday challenge..and cya real soon again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the challenges! The keep me motivated...and I'm so far behind on my layouts.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you joined us again on the Use Your Stuff challenge blog.
    You rocked the challenge. I love that stitching you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I look forward to playing again soon...and I have a lot of stuff to use;) I'm a total scrap supply hoarder.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous LO! Love the colors and title! Thanks for showing us your ribbon and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad I got to play along. I'll be back again and again.

      Delete