Saturday, June 30, 2012

A "Berry" Sweet Card

Welcome to the Studio!

I have a cute little card to share today.  I have no idea what got me started on strawberries, but I've been hunting stamps down for a month now.  I finally found the one I wanted, a digi from Digi Doodles.  I just love this one.  I've kind of gotten hooked on digi stamps lately.  My mom has tons of them and she loves coloring them with Copics.  I'm no Copic Chic.  I tried a few times and haven't quite gotten the hang of it, but I'm enjoying my watercolor pencils.  So without further adieu, here is my summer strawberry delight...



The past challenge for Clearly Inspired was red, green and white, plus fruity.  Although I didn't get my card done in time for the challenge, it was just the right inspiration for this card.  I'm just so pleased with how it turned out.  Sometimes I surprise myself;)
I used a past sketch from Sparkle Creations, SCRSC71.


Not sure if you can see it that well in the photo, but the strawberries have crystal lacquer on them and are sort of shiny.  My needle tip kept getting clogged while I was working on this project and the effect is that my strawberries, although shiny, are also bumpy...just like the real thing.

My Supply List:
Cardstock:  White Daisy, CTMH;  green, Coordinations
Pattern Paper:  Green Gingham and Green polka dots, Paper Studio; Smoothie polka dots, CTMH
Digi Stamp:  Digi Doodles
Stamp:  "You're the Sweetest Thing" CTMH
Punch:  bracket label, Stampin Up
Lace:  from stash
Ink:  Smoothie, CTMH
Other:  watercolor pencils & crystal lacquer

I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment