Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Laugh

Welcome to the Studio!

Well, I said in an earlier post that I was a layout-making fool this past week.  Here's another one I finished the other day.  I've had this handful of pictures that I didn't know what to do with.  It's photos of my Mom and I at the Georgia Renaissance Festival a few years ago doing our usual goofing off, joking around, and constantly smiling and laughing.  That's us.  We get along like two kids and we're always picking on each other and laughing our butts off.  Plus, it's great when you get to "that age" where your mom can't/won't ground you anymore;)  Or at least if she does ground me, I'll get sent to our scraproom...oh, no!  That's like sending a little kid to Disney;)


I used Basic Grey  Lemonade that I got from the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby.  What can I say?  I'm a paper hoarder in every sense of the term and a bargain hunter to boot.  How can you turn down an entire pack of BG for $6.83?  I stamped "Just" on the little flower tags and tied them to some puffy pink tulle.  The "Laugh" banner is attached together with pink ricrac.  It's a really cute, kinda silly layout just like me & mom.

Also, while I was trying to figure out what the heck to do with this pictures, I found a sketch challenge blog and it just so happened the sketch was perfect my pics!

And now I'm stuck like glue to Stuck On U Sketches!  They have some fantastic sketches and an awesome design team.  It's amazing how many different ways this sketch can be translated.  This is my first time playing along with them over at Stuck On U, but it won't be my last.

My Supply List:
Paper:  Basic Grey, Lemonade
Ink:  CTMH Pear
Ribbon, etc:  Pink tulle and seam binding, from stash;
                      Pink & white baker's twine, We R Memory  Keepers
Flowers:  Recollections/Michaels
Butterfly:  Lost & Found, jewelry section, Michaels
Tags:  Flowers, misc.; Banners, Silhouette and converted for use with MTC & Zing
Journaling Block:  Anna Griffin, Carmin

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out Stuck On U Sketches.

Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

12 comments:

  1. What a fun layout!!! You and your mother look like you were having a great time!! Love reading your story, too! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches... So glad you're enjoying our sketches!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love being able to capture all those fun and silly memories!

      Delete
  2. So glad you found us, and found Sandi's sketch was perfect for these fab photo's of you and your Mom. This is a great take on the sketch and I love your banner. Hope you can join us again at SOUS.... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your whimsical banner!vsocglad you have joined us at SOUS! I hope we can continue to inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy the banner came out cute. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I had to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. oh this is so much fun. Love the colors and goodies here. thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come next time! LOL!
    Love the fun photos and the banner is crazy cool!
    Love the colors and details...
    Super glad to come by!

    Happy 4th!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And there is a standing invite for next spring;) It's so much fun!

      Delete
  6. This is crazy awesome! I adore your banner. This is such a bright and happy page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the banner came out cute. Banners are new for me. Haven't done any on cards or pages, and they are the hottest trend.

      Delete
  7. So glad you decided to join us!...Love your take on the sketch...Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete