Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bailey's First Layout

Welcome to the Studio!

I've finally gotten to several layouts that have been rolling around in my brain, one of which is a layout of Bailey, my Silky Terrier and newest fur baby.  She's a sweetie and I love her to pieces.  But as you may notice in this photo, she's got a bit of "wild child" in her.  This is my first layout of our little darling.  We got her from the Fairy Dog Mother Rescue at the end of March and we couldn't be happier.  Bailey also just "graduated" from puppy school at our local Petsmart.  I'll have a graduation layout up soon;)



I participated in Got Sketch Express 3 with Valerie Salmon and based this layout on one of the class sketches.  She is an awesome layout and card sketch artist.  I just love her sketches and this was the second class I took with her, and definitely not the last!

My paper choice for this layout was from Simple Stories and called Summer Fresh.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this paper.  For me, it evokes the feeling of summer in the country and a granny's kitchen.  I used one flower made by Jolee's Boutique (bottom right-hand corner).  I must say, I'm just loving the direction Jolee's is going in.  They have been my favorite since I started scrapbooking, but the selection was starting to get a little stale for me.

The small rolled rose is a Sizzix 3D flower die.  I cut it out of canvas, and after it was rolled, I inked the edges a little with a sponge dauber and some CTMH chocolate ink.  And here's the fun part...Bailey helped.  She jumped up in the chair at my scrap desk and took off with the little flower in her mouth, which was quickly followed by me frantically saying "drop it."  Thanks to Bailey's expert distressing technique (and a bit of puppy slobber), it was perfect.  The final flower is an inked and distressed Recollections flower and a crochet flower from the same package.  The small, vintage brad with the yellow marble center is from Creative Charms.

The diecut borders on top and bottom were cut out using my Zing and a Silhouette border image that I converted for use with Make The Cut.  I used alpha stickers for "Bailey" on a border strip included in the paper pack.  I used SU seam binding in Cherry Cobbler at the top with a bow.  My background paper is CTMH ivory cardstock distressed with SU Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber around the edges and an SU Stampin Wheel.  Unfortunately, the stamp is retired:(  For the date, I used a CTMH stamp set and Outdoor Denim ink.

If you have any layouts or projects of your pet(s) or fur babies, there's still time to join the Furry Four Legged Family challenge over at Craft Room Challenge.  You'll see Bailey's sweet, lil mug over there!
I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...Bailey is gorgeous, and so is your layout, great choice of paper and Bailey's flower is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining our Craft Room Challenge...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous layout - Baily looks so adorable. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete