Friday, June 1, 2012

GHWI and Crafty Boots Challenges

Welcome to the Studio!

Today I'd like to share a feminine, girly card.  Don't get me wrong, we all love the guys in our lives, but it can get a little dull sometimes if you don't have flowers, bows, and bling.  And with that in mind, I gleaned a little inspiration from two separate challenges to get my creative juices following in the right direction after all the guy cards over the last few weeks.  The first challenge is from Ippity's challenge blog, Get Hippity With Ippity.  The challenge over there is flower and a leaf.  The second challenge is from Crafty Boots and it's Bowtastic!

My card is an A2 size and I used the Echo Park For the Record paper pack.  I so totally LOVE  that paper!  I can't get enough of it.  The sentiment, Happy Birthday, is from Justrite Stamps and stamped in CTMH Black ink.  The border punch (both inside and out) is from Fiskars.  The flower is the SU five petal punch.  I inked the edges with CTMH Honey ink.  For the leaf, I used a punch from Marvy Uchida.  I inked the edges with a very old SU Garden Green stamp pad.  I also used light blue seam binding and my handy-dandy peg bow maker (a small one).   


For the inside of my card, I decorated it with some pattern paper from the same paper pack.  I used a Marvy Uchida punch for the mini five petal flower and I just did a freehand cut on the little leaf.  I still need to add a card verse, but wanted to share the inside as well.


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous work!! I love the inside!! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I really like all of the layers, colors and patterns, not to mention that fabulous blue seam binding! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bow, it really is bowtastic! Lovely card with a great flower and I have to agree with Melissac, the inside is gorgeous (especially the main paper- ow!)

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...so nice to stop by your blog especially since you were my 300th follower! I see you are climbing the blog ladder as well, so I'm # 38 ! Your work is terrific and I look forward to seeing more of it!
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete