Friday, June 22, 2012

Use Your Stuff!

Welcome to the Studio!

I've been cranking out layouts lately like a madwoman.  It feels REALLY good to get some done.  I'm so far behind it ain't even funny.  I want to finish my wedding album before our 10th anniversary.  A few years ago, that sounded like a joke; but we'll be celebrating that 10th anniversary in March of next year.  I need to get my rear in gear for sure!

I've recently found a challenge blog that I just adore and really gets me motivated.  It's Use Your Stuff.  Each week they have a new challenge that gets you to, well, use your stuff.  And believe me, I NEED to use what I have so I can make room for the new stuff I want.  The challenge this week is #38, Make It By Hand.  And I enjoy making my own embies when the usual store-bought stuff just doesn't work.

Well, I'm by no means bragging when I say that I used Scenic Route Paper, Charlotte Collection, for this layout.  I don't even think that company exists any more, but I'm just now getting around to using the paper I purchased like four or five years ago, if not longer than that.  I love the browns, reds, and peachy-pinks.


I used Heartfelt Creations Posey Patch stamp and die sets.  I stamped the flowers first, cut them out with the Spellbinders/Heartfelt dies, and then inked the edges before layering them and adding a bit of bling to the center.



I used CTMH Garnet to stamp the smaller flower (top pic) and inked with CTMH Smoothie and for the larger flower (bottom pic) I did just the opposite.  I also diecut my own ticket shape and added it as well.  Several of the circles are popped up on foam tape to give the layout some lumpiness and texture.

Supply List:
Cardstock: CTMH Garnet, Smoothie, and Colonial White
Inks:  CTMH Garnet and Smoothie
Stamps:  Posey Patch, Heartfelt Creations; CTMH, Just The Ticket SOTM
Pattern Paper: Charlotte by Scenic Route
Dies:  Heartfelt/Spellbinders, Posey; Spellbinders circles and scallop circles
Embossing folder: Provo Craft
Bling:  Recollections
Other:  Ticket cut file from Silhouette, converted and used with MTC & Ba-Zing-A, the Knk Zing 
             and well as my own creation for the Title/journaling block.
Sketch:  Becky Fleck, PageMaps 2

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy and Use Your Stuff;)

No comments:

Post a Comment