Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Some Excitement And Christmas in June

Welcome to the Studio!

I have some exciting news to share...I was the winner, chosen by random, on the Get Hippity With Ippity challenge.  The prize was an Ippity stamp set of my choice and there are so many to choose from.  I can't wait to share some projects using my new stamp!  Want some Ippity goodness of your own?  Join their current challenge here or visit the store.

Well, it's time to start on Christmas cards.  If I don't start now, I'll never be finished in time.  I teach a cardmaking class once a month and we made our first Christmas card this past Saturday.  I decided to participate in a challenge to help me get some festive mojo going.  I decided to join in the Merry Monday Challenge at Always Playing With Paper.

Here is their sketch:

And here is my card:


I used paper from the Lily Bee Designs collection called Jingle and the Bells & Boughs stamp set from Stampin Up.  The cardstock is Red Barn from CTMH.  I watercolored the image and then used Diamond Glaze to make the holly berries shiny.  I tied a bow with seam binding using my peg bow maker.  I also used the Decorative Label Punch from Stampin Up.

Here is a close-up of my bow...


I really had a lot of fun working with the Merry Monday sketch.  Be sure to stop by over their to get some great ideas for your Christmas cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

4 comments:

  1. So festive & very pretty! Love your beautiful bow!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some of my FAV background paper! What a pretty image, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp is so pretty stamped on the DP! Love those berries and the gorgeous bow too! So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, that bow is stunning. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete