Thursday, June 28, 2012

Steamy Steampunk

Welcome to the Studio!
I have a very different card to share with you today.  I haven't done too much in the way of steampunk, only a small, framed wall hanging for a friend.  I'm normally into the cute, sassy, lots of flowers and ribbon, vintage kind of stuff.  For trying something outside of my comfort zone though, I think it turned out pretty well.

I adore "Lady Victoria" from Kenny K.  She's a digi stamp and just too awesome along with tons of their stamps.  I can't wait to get more.  I had fun playing with all the metal stuff and those acrylic flowers too.

I'll be entering this card into a few challenges...
This will be the second card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #161.  I used the sketch and just modified it a bit to make room for all the metal.  My first submission for this challenge is here.

Next, I'll be entering Basic Grey Challenges #71, favorite color combo.  I will admit the only reason I bought BG Periphery is because of the lime greens and blues.  It's one of my faves.

And another, 2 Sisters Challenge Blog #97, Anything Goes.  Even if you don't play along, there are tons of fabulous cards, layouts, and projects on all of these challenge blogs, so go check them out.  You never know where inspiration could be hiding.

My Supply List:
Paper:  Basic Grey, Periphery
Inks:  Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake & Chocolate Chip, Stampin Up
Digi Stamp:  Lady Victoria by Kenny K
Stamp:  "Just For You" by Justrite Stampers
Seam Binding:  from stash
Flowers & Bling:  Close To My Heart, Heirloom Assortment.
Metals:  Cogs and Chain with Clasp, Spare Parts by Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby
Punch:  Stampin Up bracket label
Other:  watercolor paper and watercolor pencils

A lot of my non-papercrafting friends want to know what I do with all those cards I make.  My mom and I teach a cardmaking class once a month at our church.  Since they do not charge us for anything, we donate just about all the cards we make ourselves to our church and have handmade cards for sale all the time.  Our church keeps all the proceeds and we don't have to rent a 20x20 storage building to store all our cards.  This particular card, however, will not be showing up on the rack at church;)

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, a stunning image and such gorgeous details............I love Pariphery also.

    hugs Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining the Basic Grey challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is simply stunning! great details love the iron work and fab colouring!
    Thankyou for joining the fun this time over at basic grey challenges
    hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I feel I'm still struggling with the coloring, so your comment gives me a confidence boost:)

      Delete