Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Punched Friendship

Welcome to the Studio!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you're visiting from the Card A Day Blog, I'm glad you made it! My project for today is a friendship card that's based on a sketch by Becky Fleck of Pagemaps fame. I just love her sketches. I use a lot of them for my layouts, but only occasionally for cards. I've had this one saved on my iPad for some time now and it just hit me all of a sudden. Here's the sketch...

A Special Friendship:



My card is 8.5 x 3.75 and my base is made of kraft cardstock.  I put an ivory cardstock layer on the front and inked the edges with Stampin Up Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber.  I heat embossed the sentiment, A Special Friendship, with CTMH Outdoor Denim embossing powder.


My bow was made with SU denim ribbon and my peg bow maker.  (We'll have some up for sale in the Etsy store soon!)  For the punch, I used an EK Success label punch.  I inked each of the punches with SU Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber.  The paper I used is from Lily Bee Designs, Double Dutch.  The heart button are from Jesse James, Dress It Up.  I used the Friendship stamp set from CTMH.  Both the sentiment and verse are from the same set.  The inside is stamped in Outdoor Denim ink.

I had a lot of fun with this sketch and loved the way my card turned out.  So here is another card, same layout but different papers...

I thought this one looked cute with the mini roses and the seam binding.  This paper is Echo Park This & That Graceful collection.  What's great about this card is you can use all those little bitty scraps up! 

I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  Stop by again soon.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow the cards turned out fantastic. I have that color embossing powder now I really gotta use it! TFS

    ReplyDelete