Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cards We Hate To Make

Welcome to the Studio!

Yes, there are cards we hate to make sometimes...Sympathy cards.  They always signify such a sad time and even more so when the one who has passed was young and still have so much living ahead of them.  But these cards must be done.  I prefer to keep all my sympathy cards clean and simple and without much bling or brightness.  I found a sketch on Retro Sketches that had a nice, clean design.  I used some dark, vintage papers and ended up with a lovely card, or at least as lovely as a sympathy card can be.



I did a bit of paper piercing along the scalloped border.  I thought the card needed a little something extra and that did the trick.

And for the inside...

My Supply List:
Cardstock:  black textured, Recollections
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found 2 - Sunshine
Stamps:  "With Sympathy" Justrite Stampers; Comfort of God's Love, Stampabilities;
               Four Frames, Stampin Up
Die:  SU/Sizzix Edgelits, Adorning Accents
Punch:  Bracket Frame, SU
Seam Binding:  from stash
Other:  Paper Piercing Pack Essentials, Stampin Up


Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment